Engaging Lives for Aging AdultsRejuvenating programs and resources for aging adults to enjoy fulfilling and active lives within their communities
Did You Know?
• In 10 years, 1 in 5 US citizens will be 65+
• In 20 years, individuals over 85 will quadruple
• About 7% of aging adults reside in assisted living facilities or nursing homes
• About 93% of aging adults live amongst the community
• Existing programs and resources are not equipped to deal with the current volume of aging adults in the US
• A rise in the population of aging adults in 10 years will put significant strain on public resources, living facilities, and the economy
• The increase in average age expectancy puts continued strain on social security beneficiaries for a longer period of time
• For the first time in history, our nation will be supporting the largest group of aging adults and elders
“Remember friend, as you pass by, as you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, so you must be. Prepare yourself to follow me.”
If you needed to go into a nursing home right now, would you feel safe? Nurtured? If your survival depended on public resources and social security, would you feel secure? Stable? In 10 years, 1 in 5 US citizens will need additional senior care of some kind. Our nation needs more focus and attention on aging adult care than ever before in our history. It’s critical to ensure purposeful and fulfilling lifestyles and resources for our seniors now, for our loved ones, and for ourselves.
Alama sees a nation equipped to care for its growing senior population. We see our aging adults engaged symbiotically within their communities. Within 5 years, Alama aims to establish programs and resources that provide for aging adults online, in the community, and in home care. Within 10 years, we aim to expand programs and resources to certified institutes, nursing homes, and assisted living facilities.
Above all, Alama values communication, compassion, and independence. Our mission is dedicated to these elements in all we create for our senior and person in care citizens.
Come grow old with me,
the best is yet to be
When you make a donation to Alama or one of its projects, you’re ensuring fulfilling golden years for your loved ones and yourself. Through the development and rejuvenation of programs and resources, aging adults can look forward to proper security, independence, person centered care, and actively engaged living.
Rabble Rousers and #Age-itators
Keep your fingertips on the pulse of engaging living for aging adults
• Stay current with news and resources affecting all who age
• Learn how you can help build a future to look forward to